If the person accepting the delivery of alcohol is clearly over the age of 18 we must:
- have the person sign a declaration with their name stating that they are 18 years or over,
- keep a written record and the signed declaration for one year following the delivery.
If it’s unclear whether the person accepting the delivery of alcohol is over 18, we require evidence of their age and identity by sighting a current:
- Australian driver’s licence
- Australian proof of age document
- photographic key pass identification card.
If the person provides evidence that they are over 18, we are required to keep a written record for one year that evidence of their age and identity was provided. The written record must include:
- the type of evidence of identity and age document produced
- the name and date of birth on the document
- the address where the alcohol was delivered.